MOONLIGHT MAGIC returns to Disneyland Resort for the first time in over three years in 2023! These free afterhours parties feature short wait times for attractions, rare character sightings, exclusive entertainment, free food and more! , DVC members can experience a night of fun.
Disney Vacation Club is bringing back fan-favorite Membership Extras during the 100 Years of Wonder Celebration at Disneyland Resort. This will be accessible exclusively after the theme park opens to the general public during the Disney 100 event! We can’t wait. We love Moonlight Magic and have done this many times in the past. Most recently at Typhoon Lagoon last fall. As usual it was a blast.
Most of our Moonlight Magic experiences took place at Walt Disney World. This is because most Disney Vacation Club resorts are located there, and parks in Florida host these events more often. In contrast, Disneyland hasn’t hosted a Moonlight Magic Party since 2019, and Disney California Adventure hasn’t hosted a Moonlight Magic Party since 2018.
The good news is that things will improve soon as Disney Vacation Club brings back the Moonlight Magic event to California parks in 2023 and the fun begins February 1, 2023 at Disney California Adventure!
During Moonlight Magic at Disney California Adventure, only eligible Disney Vacation Club Members and their guests will have complimentary theme park access after hours. Enjoy attractions with shorter wait times, special character sightings, delicious sweets, and more.
Event registration for Disney California Adventure Parks opens for all eligible Members on January 6, 2023 at 11:00 AM ET. All eligible members can link to the event registration page just before general registration opens.
In order to ensure that as many DVC Members as possible can enjoy Disney Vacation Club Moonlight Magic at DCA, Members may only register for one event day at each Participating Park.So you can attend both Moonlight Magic took place at DCA and Disneyland, but not twice at Disneyland and not twice at DCA. (This is most likely a formula for events in Walt Disney’s His World, as I doubt any park in California would take more than one night each. I hope I’m wrong!)
Disney Vacation Club Members may register up to four additional guests per Membership (five total) or the number of guests on the Resort Reservation, whichever is greater. Children under the age of 3 do not need to register for this event.
This event cannot be booked or modified through DVC Member Services. If a member wishes to change their party size within the party size limit, they can do so by following the link provided in their confirmation email. please note:
- Canceling your resort reservation will automatically cancel your event registration.
- Canceling and rebooking your event registration increases the risk of losing your registration.
- Changes or cancellations to event registrations cannot be made on the day of booking.
Other important information
- Registration required and restricted. Unfortunately walk-ins are not allowed.
- When you register, you will receive an event ticket (one per registrant) and a parking ticket for the day of the event by mail.
- The registered member must be in person. Registered Members must provide event tickets, a valid digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, and photo ID matching the name on registration.
- Complimentary admission to after-hours event is valid for the duration of the event. A valid theme park admission and reservation is required for pre-event admission.
- This offer is free, non-transferable and cannot be sold. Subject to availability, change or termination without notice.
- Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian.
- This is a rain or shine. Some experiences may be canceled due to bad weather.
- Members must cancel at least 48 hours in advance.
- The Disney Genie Service, Disney Genie+ Service, and individual Lightning Lanes are unavailable during the Moonlight Magic event.
- Resort reservations must be made by the person named as the “Owner” on your Membership and may be booked with points through Disney Vacation Club or with cash through a Disney Reservation Center or travel agent. increase.
Here’s a photo from my last time attending one of these events at Disney California Adventure. Moonlight actually predates his magic naming convention.
We have attended many Moonlight Magic events over the years, but the last one we did at Disney California Adventure still ranks at the top of my list. The event featured countless unusual characters who had an absolute passion for playing games with their guests, and it all went incredibly well.
Disney Vacation Club definitely puts a lot of effort into these Moonlight Magic parties, and it’s great to see that DVC shows they care about their existing members.Moonlight Magic Returns at Disneyland Resort While I’m optimistic that will include some surprises, I wouldn’t expect anything on par with past DCA events. (Well, if you can get another of his 90’s Nite on both coasts!)
Planning a Southern California vacation? Check out our tips for saving on Disneyland tickets for park admission. Learn about onsite and offsite hotels with Anaheim Hotel Reviews & Rankings. See our Disneyland restaurant reviews for where to eat. Check out our Disney inventory for unique ideas to make your trip even better. For comprehensive advice, Disneyland Vacation Planning GuideFinally, about the guide Beyond DisneyFor day trips to , Los Angeles, Laguna Beach, and many other SoCal cities, check out our Southern California Itinerary!
Have you been to Moonlight Magic at Disney California Adventure? What did you think of the event? Are you a Disney Afternoon fan? Planning another Disney Vacation Club party? Do you agree or disagree with the event’s evaluation? Questions? Even if you don’t agree with us, it’s interesting for us and useful for other readers to hear your feedback. So share your thoughts in the comments below!