Disney Springs always has a lot to offer foodies visiting Walt Disney World. Whether you prefer something sweet or savory, we have plenty of news to share as you ring in the new year.
January 2023 is packed with food news at Disney Springs, including special events, limited-time menu items, and more.
Are you hungry? let’s go…
The Edison hosts a monthly mixology event at Disney Springs, and this month’s mixology series features Angel’s Envy whiskey-inspired cocktails and accompanying snacks. Classes for this event will be held on January 5th, 12th and 18th, 2023.
Tickets are $65 plus tax/gratuity per person, per night, and participants must be 21 or older. For more information or to book, visit the Edison Events page.
Gideons Bakehouse is a must-see for foodies in Disney Springs. In January, there are some exclusive items that will excite any cookie butter and butterscotch fan.
- Cookie Butter Butterscotch Cookies: The dough contains Biscoff cookie butter and is filled with premium butterscotch chips (not an overly sweet cheapie!) and crushed Biscoff cookies. Available every day.
- Cookie Butter Butterscotch Cold Brew: If you like the cookie flavor of the month, sip on caffeinated liquids with our new Nitro Cold Brew! It’s also vegan and gluten-free. Available every day.
- Cookie Butter Buttercream Cake: A luscious vanilla cake covered in cookie butter buttercream. Gideon says it’s easy because buttercream might be the best thing ever. Starting today, January 1st, by the slice, he will be available every Wednesday and Saturday in January thereafter.
Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs is proud to host the 5th annual Ramen Rumble in partnership with the event’s founders, Jason & Su Ching of Good Salt Restaurant Group, on Monday, January 23, 2023. increase.
Five of Orlando’s best and brightest chefs will compete for the championship title, bragging rights and the coveted “Broth Belt” trophy, with a portion of the proceeds going to the event’s charity partner, Give Kids the Donated to World.
Your ticket includes 5 scrumptious bowls of ramen (1 from each chef’s entry), 1 non-alcoholic beverage, and 1 free sample beer from Ivanhoe Brewing.
Individual tickets are sold out for both seating times (5:30pm-7:30pm and 8:30pm-10:30pm), but VIP booths for 4 are available for both seatings. Available for $650 (+tax/tip). , and a private VIP room for up to 6 people for $800 (+tax/tip).
For more information or to purchase a booth/room, please visit MorimotoAsia.com/Ramen-Rumble.
salt & straw
The limited ice cream flavors for January 2023 at Salt & Straw are part of “The Dairy-Free Decadence Series”.
According to the company, this month’s exclusive flavors are all vegan and include:
- Bananas Foster – Luscious banana caramel spiced with rum and molasses, drenched in a delicate banana-infused ice cream.
- Chocolate Sorbet – Dark cocoa powder mixed with rich chocolate to create a velvety ganache blended into a sorbet with a dash of flaky salt.
- Peanut Butter Brittle Caramel Fudge – Creamy coconut vanilla ice cream drizzled with swirls of homemade semi-sweet caramel fudge and dusted with peanut butter brittle shards
- Red Velvet Cake w/ Cream Cheese Frosting – Coconut ice cream infused with spongy red velvet cake, dusted with red velvet butter and topped with chunks of red velvet cake drizzled with tangy cream cheese frosting
- Toasted Oat Milk & Cookies – Chocolate chip cookies dipped in silky cinnamon-spiked vanilla oat milk ice cream and garnished with chunks of ultra-rich chocolate ganache.
The bakery offers several exclusive cupcake flavors throughout January. Here are some flavors:
- Now through January 8th: Kir Royale – In partnership with Une Femme Wines, featuring sparkling rosé cake with raspberry chambord jam at the core and frosted cream cheese with raspberry chambord jam, all Une Femme decoration is topped.
- Until January 8th: Pop Tarts – Vanilla cake lined with pink sugar cookie dough, stuffed with strawberry jam, topped with strawberry frosting… and topped with vanilla buttercream, red sugar crystals and mini Pop Tarts to finish.
- January 9-29: S’more – Belgian dark chocolate cake topped with graham crackers, filled with bittersweet chocolate ganache and topped with toasted marshmallow frosting.
- January 16-29: Lunar New Year’s Gold House Almond Red Velvet – This special cupcake starts with Sprinkles’ iconic Red Velvet cake with sliver almonds and is lined with a traditional Double Dragon almond cookie crust. and topped with almond cream cheese frosting and gold house. custom decoration.
Sunshine Diner by Chef Art Smith
Fans of Disney Springs chef Art Smith’s Homecoming Kitchen will be thrilled to learn that the chef has opened a new restaurant at Orlando International Airport.
Located near Gates C230-C238 in Terminal C, Sunshine Diner is Chef Art Smith’s take on the comfortable classic Diner with a local and contemporary twist.
wine bar george
Another Disney Springs hot spot is coming to Orlando International Airport. Wine Bar George will soon open in the airport’s new Terminal C.
We offer 75 wines by the glass, bottle and ounce from a selection of wines from around the world.
Led by Ron Rupert, Director of Culinary Development at Wine Bar George, the food menu includes breakfast, small plates, cheese and charcuterie, and entrees.
We will let you know when we officially open.