Foodies visiting Disney Springs in October 2022 will have plenty of great new food and drink to try this month, along with special events and more.
Whether sweet or savory, we have lots of news to share.
Are you hungry? let’s go…
This October, Edison at Disney Springs will debut a signature set of Halloween-inspired cocktails to keep guests entertained throughout the spooky season.
- Pumpkin Spice Forever – Made with a blend of Edison’s Stoli Elit Vodka, Borghetti Espresso Liqueur, Falletti Biscotti Liqueur, Pumpkin Spice and Black Walnut Bitters.
- Blood Donor – Served in a blood donation bag, Blood Donor combines Aperol, Solerno, Espolon Silver, lime juice and simple syrup for a bright crimson concoction.
- Eye Drops – Eye drops contain a blend of Absolut Citron, Cointreau, a simple syrup with adjusted acidity, and cherry juice for a spooky eyeball.
- Red Rum – Edison’s Red Rum Cocktail is finished with Cruzan Rum, Olzite, and berries mixed with hints of lemon, honey and cinnamon.
Edison is also hosting a monthly mixology event at Disney Springs, with this month’s mixology series featuring Crown Royal Canadian whiskey-inspired cocktails and accompanying appetizers.
Tickets are $65 plus tax/gratuity per person, per night, and participants must be 21 or older. For more information or to book, visit the Edison Events page.
Edison, Maria and Enzo, and Enzo’s Hideout
Patina Restaurant Group will be offering a new cocktail, The Pink Ribbon, in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month at Edison, Maria & Enzo and Enzo’s Hideaway all October.
Herradura Reposado, made with watermelon juice, lime juice, fresh madredo raspberries and mint leaves, this refreshing drink is made with watermelon juice, lime juice, fresh raspberries and mint leaves.
Edison mixologist Alana Sullivan developed a signature drink inspired by her mother’s brave victory in the battle against breast cancer, and a portion of the proceeds from each version of the drink will be donated to the Florida Breast Cancer Foundation.
Among the Halloween-themed chocolate treats available through October 31st are the Minnie Ghost Pinata in dark chocolate and the Dark Chocolate Candy Skull filled with caramel ganache.
Gideons Bakehouse is a Disney Springs foodie must-see, and this month you can enjoy some exclusive items.
In October, we’ll be offering two exclusive cookie flavors instead of one.
- Frankenstein is alive! – This cookie is a mix of different chocolates, double-stuffed his Oreos, and M&Ms.
- Bride of Frankenstein is back! – Designed in the same mold as Frank’s, but featuring White His Chocolates, Golden His Oreos, and M&M’s.
And two limited flavor cakes.
- Frankenstein Cake Slice – 3 layer chocolate cake, ridiculous amounts of Oreo buttercream, M&M’s, and upside down dark chocolate ganache drip.
- Bride of Frankenstein Cake Slice – Similar to the Frankenstein Slice, but featuring vanilla and chocolate cake and golden Oreo buttercream.
Plus, every weekend through October 15th, Hispanic Heritage Month is celebrated with chocolate churro cookies and cream cheese quesittos.
Finally, last month’s French Toast Cold Brew will remain on demand through October.
For a limited time only, Rainforest Cafe is introducing 5 new dishes.
- Sirloin Stroganoff Ravioli – Sirloin steak, roasted wild mushrooms, quattro formaggi ravioli, stroganoff sauce. Created by chef Aliu Dore.
- Butter Pecan Salmon – Salmon with pecan crust, butter pecan sauce, maple butter, herb potato medley, and roasted brussels sprouts.
- Bourbon BBQ Ribs and Shrimp – Sticky Pork Ribs, Bourbon BBQ Glaze, Caribbean Coconut Shrimp, Cole Slaw, Safari Fries. Created by Chef Chris Oliver.
- Shrimp Sampler Platter – Served with Bourbon BBQ Glazed Shrimp, Caribbean Coconut Shrimp, Fried Shrimp, Shrimp Scampi and Caribbean Rice.
- Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf Stuffed – Bacon-wrapped barbecue-glazed meatloaf stuffed with cheese, served with red-crusted mashed potatoes, crisp onions, and seasonal vegetables. Created by Chef Ed Cox.
- Oreo Banana Bread Pudding – Topped with vanilla ice cream, Oreo®, banana, caramel and fudge sauce. Created by Chef Bruce Grassa.
salt & straw
Salt & Straw’s October limited flavor is “The Ice SCREAM Series”. This month’s unusual flavors are:
- Don Bugito’s Creepy Crawly Critters – Matcha ice cream with toffee crumbly mealworms and chocolate crickets (yes, real bugs!)
- Black Cat Licorice & Lavender – Silky dark anise and fennel caramel mixed with salty lavender ice cream
- The Great Candycopia – Handmade KitKat, Reese, Snickers and Heath bars folded into salty butterscotch ice cream
- Jack O’Lantern Pumpkin Bread – soft chunks of freshly baked pumpkin bread and strips of whipped cream cheese frosting mixed with pumpkin spice ice cream
- Double Bubble Toil & Trouble – This vegan treat features coconut cream combined with two spices and three fruits for the perfect blend of bubblegum-like flavors
The bakery is offering several exclusive cupcake flavors throughout October. Here are some of them:
- Now – October 9: Sprinkle Hope (strawberry cake with sweet strawberry frosting decorated with pink and white sprinkles in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month)
- Now – October 9: Black Velvet (a decadent dark chocolate cake topped with whipped chocolate ganache frosting and modern black dots)
- Now – October 9: Pumpkin Spice Latte (spicy pumpkin cake stuffed with marshmallow cream and topped with Cuban coffee frosting)
- Now – November 27: Pumpkin (spicy pumpkin cake mixed with savory ginger, cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon, layered with rich cinnamon cream cheese frosting)
- October 10-16: Twix® (chocolate cream cheese frosting topped, caramel-filled chocolate cake with cookie crust, topped with a ladle of ganache and finished with mini Twix® decorations)
Through October 31st, we’re offering these Halloween-inspired Doll Whip treats.
- Oogie Boogie Doll Whipped Nachos – featuring pistachio soft serve, whipped cream, raspberry boba pearls and waffle chips.
- Witch Flight – Pumpkin Soft Serve, Purple Cheesecake Soft Serve, Pineapple Doll Whip
For a limited time, the T-Rex Cafe has five new dishes for Disney Springs foodies to enjoy.
- Apple Cider Salmon – Seared Salmon with Apple Cider Glaze, Braised Purple Cabbage, Granny Smith Apples, Herb Roasted Potato Medley. Chef he was created by Amged Tawfik.
- Herb Crusted T-Bone Steak – 17 oz Certified Angus Beef® Sirloin T-Bone Steak, Garlic Parmesan Baby Potatoes, Roasted Baby Carrot Medley, Wild Mushroom Garlic Steak Butter.
- Pork Osso Buco – Slow cooked marinated pork shank over yellow rice, kale and roasted sweet potatoes. Invented by chef Gene Upshaw.
- Pot Roast Pot Pie – Rich brown gravy topped with slow-cooked pot roast, roasted carrots, celery, mushrooms, onions, red-crusted mashed potatoes, and herb-crusted biscuits.
- Chicken & Sausage Rigatoni – Lemon chicken, sweet Italian sausage, mushrooms, kale and onions in a sage cream sauce. Created by Chef Karen Ortiz Aguirre.
As a Disney Springs foodie, what food and drink are you looking forward to this month? Let us know in the comments.