If you go to Disney World Be warned.
Various things can go wrong during your trip. Slower-than-expected return times for mobile orders, technical issues that can greatly ruin plans, and unexpected closures. If you’re at Disney World today, a few sudden ride closures can throw your schedule off the rails. Here’s what you need to know!
As I strolled through Disney’s Hollywood Studios, I noticed The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Closed. A cast member said he doesn’t know when the ride will resume, but hopes it will resume today.
Cast members stood outside the attraction to guide guests and answer questions. update: Tower of Terror is reopened.
But there is another closure to consider. When I checked the My Disney Experience app, test track Closed at EPCOT. This was around 2:41 PM EST. At about 3:16 PM ET, the ride was still closed.
Test track cast members indicated they weren’t sure if it would resume later.
Test track looks down at EPCOT this afternoon pic.twitter.com/2uCYa488oN
— AllEars.Net (@AllEarsNet) January 27, 2023
- Check out the My Disney Experience app Always for updates (if you see wait times, you know the ride has likely resumed!)
- Ask the cast outside the attraction If they know what happened and have a better idea of when the rides will resume
- come up with a plan “B” Just in case a must-do ride suddenly closes
- mentally prepare children for possible closure by discussing possibilities at home
- take advantage of the closing time You can put other things off your list, take a break, have a snack, or put your time in the park to good use.
We will continue to monitor the latest developments and keep you updated. Stay tuned for more news!
Join the AllEars.net newsletter for a FREE list of Disney World’s 10 best kept secrets! Click here to get started!
What would you do if your ride suddenly closed? Tell us in the comments.